5:29 PM GMT 20/03/2013
Coinciding with the final instalment of Universal's extensive Sandy Denny reissue campaign - the 4CD rarities box, The Notes & The Music, that emerges today (October 29) - we're offering MOJO readers the chance to win the main contents of 2010's comprehensive, now-deleted Sandy Denny box set, currently fetching hundreds of pounds online.
The package contains 19 CDs, including Denny's complete studio recordings with Fairport Convention, Fortheringay, Johnny Silvo, Alex Campbell and her solo output, in addition to live recordings, demos, studio outtakes, unreleased songs and much more. It also comes complete with a 72-page hardback book, which includes over 100 rare photographs, Sandy's handwritten lyrics and other unseen memorabilia (the only thing missing is the original box).
Rising to fame lending her evocative, yearning vocals to Fairport Convention's triumvirate of 1969 albums, What We Did On Our Holidays, Unhalfbricking and Liege And Lief, Sandy Denny has since become one of the most influential female singer-songwriters of all time.
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, please submit the correct answer to the following question along with your contact details:
Which 1971 Led Zeppelin track did Sandy Denny feature on?
Misty Mountain Hop
The Battle Of Evermore
Going To California
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Sandy Denny Competition' by Monday, November 12, 2012.
Include your name, email address and full postal address.
Who Knows Where The Terms And Conditions Go?
• No prizes can be traded or exchanged for a cash alternative
• Closing date for this competition is November 12, 2012
• All entrants are responsible for including correct contact details
• The judges' decision is final and no negotiation or debate will be entered into.
• All winners will be notified by email.
• This competition is open to all UK readers, except employees and associates of Universal Music, Bauer and their families.
Posted by Ross_Bennett at 4:00 PM GMT 29/10/2012